Inner West Institute of Music Terms and Conditions
I agree to the following terms and conditions.
- Lessons are billed in advance for ten lesson bundles with an invoice that is sent out a fortnight prior to commencement of the next bundle. Lessons do not necessarily line up with a school term.
- You are automatically booked for the same time and day each week. There is no need to rebook for the next term. If a lesson time needs to be altered, please email the director or accounts administration: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org Any changes or cancellations to lessons must be made with two weeks’ notice. Otherwise a cancellation fee of two lessons will apply.
- You are automatically booked for the same time and day each week. There is no need to rebook for the following year at the end of the year. Any changes or cancellations to lessons must be made by 15 January each year. Otherwise a cancellation fee of two lessons will apply.
- Payments are due two weeks after the invoice is received via bank transfer only with the details outlined on the invoice.
- We may require a travel fee if you are having lessons in your home. You will be provided a quote for this.
- There are no lessons offered on Public Holidays. If you would like a replacement lesson, please negotiate another lesson during the term at a mutually agreeable time determined between you and your teacher.
- When you book one of our teachers you are booking a fixed time reservation exclusively for you for the duration of the term. Single, fortnightly and casual lessons are not available.
- You may trial a lesson at your cost. We will invoice you for our standard ten lesson bundle but should you decide that you do not wish to continue after the first lesson, the invoice will be reduced to one lesson.
- Your first payment occurs when you register. Lessons will be suspended if your account falls into arrears, and you may lose your reserved lesson time.
- General lesson duration recommendations are 60 mins for adults, 45 mins for high school students and 30 mins for prep and primary school students. Longer lessons are recommended for students who’ve been playing for more than 4 years, doing exams or need additional theory/aural training.
- Lessons on school holidays are offered separately depending on the availability of your teacher. If you do wish to come in the holidays, discuss lesson times directly with the teacher.
- Music books and Instruments are bought and paid for by the student or student’s parents/guardians. Your teacher will direct you to what you will need for this. In some cases, IWIM may have these resources in stock, but not always.
- IWIM teachers may be able to perform some basic repairs on instruments, but are not professionals in this field. If your instrument is broken or requires repair, please let your teacher know and they can advise you as to what can be done.
- It is the responsibility of the student to bring all books and instruments to the lessons each week, teachers cannot guarantee that spares are available.
- Financial matters can only be discussed with the director or accounts administration, not your teacher.
Payment of Invoices
- Payment terms are strictly 14 days via bank transfer. Cash will not be accepted.
- A late payment fee of $20 will be added to all invoices overdue for 14 days, per student.
- Enforcement of debt and cessation of lessons will occur once invoices are outstanding for 45 days. All costs incurred in the recovery of the debt are payable by the invoice addressee.
Public Holiday Lessons
- There are no lessons on public holidays. If you would like a replacement lesson please arrange an alternative time with your teacher during the term. You may discuss an alternative time directly with your teacher
Additional Lesson Policy
- You can take additional or replacement lessons any time during the term depending on the availability of your teacher. At least 12 hours notice of cancellation must be given otherwise the missed lesson is forfeited.
- Lessons are charged in advanced on a term basis
- Lessons that fall on a public holiday will be excluded from your invoice
- No make-up credits are available for group lessons
- You must give 14 days notice in advance for cancellation of remaining lessons booked for the current term. You will be refunded the remainder of the term left over from the date of cancellation.
- If your teacher misses a lesson you can organise an additional lesson anytime in the term or in the upcoming holiday lessons after the term. If a time isn’t available between you and your teacher we may be able to provide a replacement teacher who can. If no replacement is available, your lesson will not be charged to your current package.
- Advice of any lesson cancellations should be emailed directly to your teacher and email@example.com. At least 12 hours notice of cancellation must be given otherwise the missed lesson is forfeited and will be charged to your package.
- Scheduling matters are organised with the director or administration except for additional lessons which can be organised directly with your teacher.
- Photographs and videos of students may be taken during lessons and recitals for marketing purposes by the Inner West Institute of Music.
- If you do not want these photographs or videos to be used please contact the director or administration.
Changes to Terms and Conditions
- Inner West Institute of Music reserves the right to change any/all of these terms and conditions as necessary.
- All prices are subject to change.